Saturday, June 25, 2016

Christmas In June

 I found lots of goodies at Goodwill.  The nutcracker is in almost perfect condition; a few spots of worn paint and a ball is missing on the crown.  Easy peasy.
 The doll is a 1983 Bradley Doll "Send In The Clowns".  I removed the costume, washed it and then I washed the doll (carefully).  The wooden sleigh is going to become a centerpiece filled with fruit, ribbons (the black & white) and greenery.  The sleigh is going to have a few black and white touches here and there; MacKenzie Child's inspired (click HERE).  And the doll is going to be part of the arrangement after I embellish her costume (the black & silver material & ruffle).
That's the plan anyway, but you know how that goes, right?  It will take on a life of its own.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hard to picture your plan, but I know you will post when done, so I can't wait! I never, ever find anything in any of the Thrift shops. I'm beginning to think imagination is what's lacking. ;)

Marlene Brady said...


I hope I stay with this one and it turns out. Family visiting this weekend walked in and said, "You do know it is only June, right?". Grandkids looked at me in total disbelief - "Grandma, its a long way until Christmas....what are you doing?". Awwwww, memories.