Thursday, March 7, 2013

Magnetic Polymer Art

A 15" x 48" painting I textured and painted in acrylics.  I drilled out a small circle about the size of a nickel on the back of the wooden squares and circles (tiles).  I applied polymer clay canes to the fronts and baked them.  After they were cooled, I painted them and glued super magnets in them.
I hold the tile on the front of the canvas while I place the super magnet behind the canvas.
 The super magnet is strong enough to hold the polymer covered tiles on the canvas.  They're moveable and interchangeable.
Above is a super magnet on the back of a smaller painting just to show you its placement.  If you get tired of the magnetic polymer clay tiles on the canvas, you can turn your refrigerator into a piece of art.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow, a movable art gallery! Genius!

DVArtist said...

This is such a good idea. Wonderful and I agree with Barbara movable art.
Nicole/Beadwright