Monday, April 2, 2012

Landscape-Impressionism

I competed in my second plein air painting competition on Saturday. Got up early to pack the car and be at registration at 8:00 A.M. Paintings were to be completed, framed with a wire hanger and displayed on an easel by 3:00 P.M. with judging at 4:30. I sat in the park having a great time painting all day. The BEST part of my day was a little boy about 6 years old who watched me for a while and talked. He was curious about why I was painting outside and not at home and why it didn't look real, etc. We talked on an off while I painted; his mother and sister not far. I kept grunting in frustration and he asked what was the matter. I said I was upset because the wind was blowing and my paints were drying faster than I could get them on the canvas. He was quiet, then moved closer, touched my arm and said, "I don't know how to stop the wind." He was so cute trying to solve my problem. Sweet moments in life. I didn't win a prize, but I felt like it.

1 comment:

coltpixy said...

♥ This is my favorite style of painting. Sounds like a lovely day and a sweet little boy.