Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Detachable Fringe Bead Crochet

Inspired by Rona Loomis (click HERE). I finished another bead crochet rope which can be worn as a single rope or doubled around the neck. When the rope is doubled around the neck, it can be worn with or without the focal. It just "loops" through the center. I spent a morning searching the internet for bead crocheted ropes to put together my Pinterest "Bead Crochet" board and I'm still adding to it. One of the pieces was Rona Loomis' piece which graced the cover of Bead & Button in 2006. Her piece is called "Change a Fringe" where the fringe can be worn on different single bead crocheted ropes. Cool huh?

6 comments:

Lois Moon said...

Super clever!

Marlene Brady said...

After your wonderful comment, I had to go back and give credit where credit was due. I was tired and in a hurry last night and my head was hitting the keys. I thought I would add the rest when I got up. Normally I'm up before the birds. Anyway, no excuses; lesson learned. I loved the idea and worked with it to use with a double strand rope.

Lupe Meter said...

Pretty cool! It really adds color to your beautiful beaded crochet ropes!

Marlene Brady said...

Thanks Lupe.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, you make fantastic works

Anonymous said...

It's very beautiful!