Thursday, March 10, 2011

You Can't Unblock

I know this turkey hat is crocheted and it's a real beauty, but it really says it all how I am doing with my knitting. I finished the back, sides, and sleeves of my free form kimono. I blocked it, sewed it together and decided it was far too big. The back was fine so I left that alone and tore out the rest. What I discovered (duh!) is that once yarn is blocked, it doesn't like to be undone. I'm knitting the front two panels again, but they are not matching the back because the yarn was compromised. It should go well with the turkey hat. BTW, the turkey hat is from Ravelry (free to register and there are hundreds of free patterns); just in case you want to start yours now so you're ready by Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Aw don't worry, that kimono will come together somehow. Actually, now that I think about it, a kimono knitted in parts sounds like a big project. I can knit scarves and dishcloths, that's it. So no matter how your kimono turns out, I will not notice the compromised yarn and totally admire it!

1129design said...

the funniest hat I ever seen :))) great portrait!

Rhonda said...

Wow, that turkey hat is something else.

Come on kimono - I want to see it finished!