Saturday, October 23, 2010

Coating With Magic Glos

I'm back in real time, but am going to work with my pre-posts until I am 100%. Everything went well and I thank all of you for your well wishes. Back to today's post...... I made a mold of a shell. Lightly spritzed the mold with water and lightly pressed the raw polymer into it. After releasing it from the mold, I pushed the center in to form a bowl shape.
I baked the polymer. When it was cooled, I filled in the bowl shape with Martha Stewart silver beads.
I squeezed a couple of drops of Magic Glos into the beads and stirred with a toothpick. I only wanted them coated, not buried under resin. I did not want a shiny, glossy surface but wondered if this would work. I cured it under the UV light for 15 minutes and it came out perfect. The beads are adhered to the polymer and have a dull rather than shiny finish. I love it.

3 comments:

coltpixy said...

Good to see you back. Hope you are healing well.

Anonymous said...

Glad all is well and you are back. It appears you spent all your time away thinking of new ways to do things -- so darn imaginative, and the result is wonderful!

Rhonda said...

Very classy piece! I love it. Hope you are feeling better and please give me a call if you need anything!