Monday, March 1, 2010

Good To Be Back!

A polymer clay pod. I found a pod on the ground in Socorro, New Mexico and tried to reproduce it in polymer. I included a hole at the top because it may end up as a pendant along with some polymer leaves and twigs.
Above is the beginning of a brooch which I want to highlight with acrylic paints or maybe back fill with some contrasting polymer.
Above is a tiny beaded wreath which is going on one of my bead journal projects.
Still not sure what I want to do with the above flower and leaf. Below is my bead embroidery which I finally hung on a stand.
We had company for a week and we were on the go everyday. I was very happy to spend time with my friend and we had a great time driving all over. We even made it to Mexico for a day. We were so busy. But now I am back in my studio - creating, photographing and posting. Feels so good.

4 comments:

Carol Creech said...

What beautiful pieces! I especially love the bead embroidery and the stand. What a great way to display that.

Anonymous said...

I like your pod, Marlene. I am headed to New Mexico in a week or so...can't wait. Glad you had a great time!

Rhonda said...

Good to have you back! Your bead embroidery is Amazing!!!!

Kathy said...

Love the pod and that piece you're wanting to do the highlighting on. Make sure to post it when you're done! And your bead embroidery is gorgeous, too, of course!