Thursday, December 17, 2009

POLYSCAPES

This is the second posting in the series of Polyscapes. Again, this one is of a backyard pond we had in Chicago before moving to Arizona.  My husband grew everything in that pond. There was color and texture galore.  It was a source of daily inspiration.
The koi grew big and fat. In late afternoon, the sun would cast a purplish pink shadow on the water that gave the fish a murky glow.
To get the effect of the fish in the water, I used a rubber stamp of koi. After I marbled the polymer clay and rolled it to a #4, I pressed the rubber stamp into it and then cut out the koi shapes using an Xacto knife.
I frame my Polyscapes in glass enclosed shadow boxes. Polymer clay wall hangings do not need to be under glass, I just prefer it. I think it gives it a more finished look along with protecting the small pieces. 

No comments: