Monday, December 7, 2009

Pen & Ink, Copyright

I used to do these little character drawings for friends and people at work and was encouraged to get them copyrighted, which I did. It was a good experience and I have applied for and received a couple more for my drawings as well as some of my beadwork designs.
Copyrights used to be $30 each; not sure how much they are now. And the law has changed concerning the length of a copyright. Anything before 1976 is pretty well covered, anything after that has 20 or 30 years before it needs to be reapplied for (I think).
You can check out the information at the Library of Congress, forms etc. http://www.loc.gov/copyright/
There is also a fee for searching their files to make sure the same copyright has not been applied for previously. All that information is on the Library of Congress' website.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Yahoo, you are doing well! Fabulous and I was worried but not worried. You are creating such marvelous things. I have to come visit.